"Unitary Patent and Unified Patent Court" epi roadshow - Dublin
Dublin (IE): 27.02.2024
Starts: 27.02.2024 9:00hrs
Ends: 27.02.2024 17:00hrs
Clayton Hotel Burlington Road
Leeson Street Upper
D04 A318 Dublin
The seminar will provide knowledge of unitary patent protection and the Unified Patent Court (UPC) to allow epi members to work with the new system and to advise clients on strategic choices, for example on whether to request unitary effect for their European patents, or when and whether to opt their non-unitary European patents out of the UPC.
Our expert speakers of epi focus on the following content:
- From Community Patent to Unitary Patent
- The legal framework
- The basic concept of the unitary patent & territorial scope
- The additional tasks entrusted to the EPO
- Financial issues and fees
- The unitary patent as an object of property
- Register for unitary patent protection and publications
- Rights and limitations
- Prior national rights
- Actions against decisions of the EPO
- UPC: court structure, jurisdiction, territorial scope
- General overview over procedure; Rules of Procedure; provisional measures, patent infringement actions, revocation actions, provisional measures, evidence, languages
- Relationship between parallel or subsequent EPO opposition proceedings and UPC-actions
- UPC procedure against decisions of the EPO
- Cost of proceedings
- Roles of Patent Attorneys at UPC, representation and how to become qualified to represent at UPC, privilege,
- UPC-register; opt-out and opt-in procedure
- Strategic considerations Strategic considerations
- Thomas Pott
- Triona Mary Walshe
Level of expertise
The seminar is intended for patent attorneys, heads and members of patent and legal departments, attorneys at law and professionals involved in the protection of the inventors’ rights.
The seminar is conducted in person. Online participation is not possible.
Application and use of personal data
Please do not use capital letters when filling the online registration form. Please indicate only personal email addresses.
Please note our "private policy" regarding the processing of your personal data.
After the event we will send you a link for a feedback survey. Participation in the survey is voluntary. The data processing in the survey is anonymous. If you do not wish to receive the link, you can object to the data processing in advance. To do so, please contact [email protected].
For further information, please contact Barbara Riffert ([email protected]).
Minimum number of participants
*If the minimum number of participants was not reached by the registration deadline, the event will be cancelled. In this case the epi will inform you immediately.
Online registration is disabled for this event. Please contact us for further information.