"Unitary Patent and Unified Patent Court" epi roadshow February 2023
Milan (IT): 07.02.2023
Starts: 07.02.2023 9:00hrs
Ends: 07.02.2023 17:00hrs
Centro Congressi Stelline
Corso Magenta, 61
The seminar will provide knowledge of unitary patent protection and the Unified Patent Court (UPC) to allow epi members to work with the new system and to advise clients on strategic choices, for example on whether to request unitary effect for their European patents, or when and whether to opt their non-unitary European patents out of the UPC.
Our expert speakers of epi focus on the following content:
- From Community Patent to Unitary Patent
- The legal framework
- The additional tasks entrusted to the EPO by the participating Member States
- The basic concept of the unitary patent
- Procedural issues and fees
- Register for unitary patent protection and publications
- Territorial field of application
- The unitary patent as an object of property
- Rights and limitations
- UPC: court structure, jurisdiction, territorial scope
- How and when will the UPC become operational? transitional phasing-in period (sunrise period), activities before entry into force
- General overview over procedure; Rules of Procedure; provisional measures, patent infringement actions, revocation actions, provisional measures, evidence, languages
- Relationship between parallel or subsequent EPO opposition proceedings and UPC-actions
- UPC procedure against decisions of the EPO
- Cost of proceedings
- Roles of Patent Attorneys at UPC, representation and how to become qualified to represent at UPC, privilege,
- UPC-register; opt-out and opt-in procedure
- Thomas Pott
- Emmanuel Samuelides
- Lambertus A.C.M. van Wezenbeek
- Triona Mary Walshe
For further information, please contact Barbara Riffert ([email protected]).
Minimum number of participants
*If the minimum number of participants was not reached by the registration deadline, the event will be cancelled. In this case the epi will inform you immediately.
Event has no free slots available
Registration is open until 31.01.2023 The order of receipt by epi will determine the attendance in case of over-subscription.
The registration deadline for this event (31.01.2023) is over.