"Unitary Patent and Unified Patent Court" epi roadshow supported by the EPO
Amsterdam (NL): 22.11.2022
Starts: 22.11.2022 9:00hrs
Ends: 22.11.2022 17:00hrs
Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City
Joan Muyskenweg 10
The seminar will provide knowledge of unitary patent protection and the Unified Patent Court (UPC) to allow epi members to work with the new system and to advise clients on strategic choices, for example on whether to request unitary effect for their European patents, or when and whether to opt their non-unitary European patents out of the UPC.
This seminar will be held jointly with the EPO, with expert speakers from both the epi and the EPO.
- From Community Patent to Unitary Patent
- The legal framework
- The additional tasks entrusted to the EPO by the participating Member States
- The basic concept of the unitary patent
- Procedural issues and fees
- Register for unitary patent protection and publications
- Territorial field of application
- The unitary patent as an object of property
- Rights and limitations
- UPC: court structure, jurisdiction, territorial scope
- How and when will the UPC become operational? transitional phasing-in period (sunrise period), activities before entry into force
- General overview over procedure; Rules of Procedure; provisional measures, patent infringement actions, revocation actions, provisional measures, evidence, languages
- Relationship between parallel or subsequent EPO opposition proceedings and UPC-actions
- UPC procedure against decisions of the EPO
- Cost of proceedings
- Roles of Patent Attorneys at UPC, representation and how to become qualified to represent at UPC, privilege,
- UPC-register; opt-out and opt-in procedure
- Christopher Paul Mercer
- Paul Magnus Clarkson
- Pia Eklund
- Verena Clarita Töpert
For further information, please contact Barbara Riffert ([email protected]).
Minimum number of participants
*If the minimum number of participants was not reached by the registration deadline, the event will be cancelled. In this case the epi will inform you immediately.
Event has free slots available
Registration is open until 14.11.2022 The order of receipt by epi will determine the attendance in case of over-subscription.
The registration deadline for this event (14.11.2022) is over.